Come work with us!
South Olive Christian School is a small and growing pre-kindergarten through eighth-grade level school, founded in 1951, in Holland, Michigan.
South Olive Christian School’s mission is to equip students with wisdom and knowledge to become effective Christ-followers who bring peace and restoration to the earth. To accomplish this mission we are committed to providing an affordable for all, biblically-based education within an authentic Christian community.
We are looking for qualified and dedicated Christian employees to join our staff. If you would like to join us, please send me an email along with a cover letter, a resume, and at least two letters of reference to me. If you are inquiring about a teaching position, you may apply via our online teacher application form.
Thank you so much!
Mark Rozeboom, Principal
Positions available for the 2022-2023 school year!
Positions are available for qualified instructors who are trained and certified to teach ELA, Math, Science, & Social Studies. You will also be teaching Bible, not only as a classroom subject but also in principle each day as we raise students to be faithful disciples of Christ in everything we do. As 1 Corinthians 10:31 says, “whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
If you are interested in supporting our teachers and students as a part-time classroom aide, please contact the principal, Mark Rozeboom, email@example.com for more information.
The classroom teaching positions have been filled for the 2022-2023 school year.
for classroom instructors at South Olive Christian School
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid Michigan teacher certification (or out-of-state with willingness to pursue state certification in MI)
- A desire to serve Christ and others in Christian education
- Active attendance and good standing in a local Christian church fellowship
- Exhibit spiritual maturity before their students and colleagues and to conform to biblical standards of behavior at all times
- Possess an ability to engage and communicate with children
- Strong communication skills and a desire for partnership within our school community
- Strong computer skills
- Flexibility to learn and grow professionally throughout the year
Teaching Responsibilites Include (but are not limited to) the Following:
- Lesson planning to teach students who are varied in their academic abilities
- Provide informative and engaging lessons that align with Michigan academic content standards
- Teach from a Christian worldview that encourages our students to see how all subjects are interrelated as parts of God’s integrated universe
- Facilitate learning with a variety of materials and technological tools
- Provide clear and helpful academic feedback to students and parents
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with parents and administration regarding special events
- Maintain a neat, clean, organized, and stimulating classroom environment
- Fulfill scheduled duties that pertain to chapel, recess, and after-school traffic guard
- Attend monthly faculty meetings to review policy, procedures, scheduling, and other school business
- Meet regularly as educators to share expertise and work collaboratively to improve teaching skills and the academic performance of students as a professional learning community
- Hold students accountable to abiding by our posted PBIS standards
- Prepare lesson plans twice a week for our Homeschool Connections students
- Prepare and hold Parent/Teacher conferences as scheduled by the office in the fall and spring and as needed during the school semester
- Participate in extracurricular school events and activities, i.e. Spring Open House, Family Picnic Night, School Auction, etc.
- Attend professional development sessions and conferences